Sunday, August 10, 2008

Cause I'm just that cool on Saturday nights

So I've come to realize that one can only be so lame on Saturday nights. Like going to Perkins for cinnamon rolls at 9:30 and then eating them in the Target parking lot while others run quick little errands. Here we enter in being inebriated without ever having tasted alcohol in your life. My guess would be something in the cinnamon rolls. Oh and angry girls who break van doors. This is all followed by going back and watching even more Olympics (all the while discovering, however, that no matter how loud you yell at the television or how loud you talk to each other, the Olympians in Beijing are not going to hear you and thus not be hindered or helped by your vocalizations). The evening wraps up nicely after that.

Let me tell you it is always a party in Idaho Falls.

3 comments:

Cori said...

There must be something in the water in Idaho Falls. Your night seems oddly familiar to many a night my friends and I spent in Idaho Falls ... right down to the late night Perkins run (which is hilarious, since it is all the way across town)!

Have you discovered the cheap Big Gulps at the gas station next to the Sandwich Tree yet? That was a daily purchase for us.

It's creepy how little has changed in ten years.

Lynn and Shelly said...

Kim, it's nice to have you on the blog world. It will keep your aunt satified so that she won't nag you (or your mom) to death trying to find out what's happening to you.

Uncle Lynn and I have often visited Perkins on our way in and out of Idaho Falls. I haven't tried the cinnamon rolls though, we're usually waiting on the benches for a table.

I have been watching the Beijing Olympics too! I am so excited when I watch Michael Phelps swim. Grandma (Grandma in Sunset) said, the US Olympians didn't have to take all the medals. But, I'm sure glad they are picking up the medals that they are.

Sorry! See this is what happens when you have a blog. (just ask Cori!)

Love you Kim!

PS
Tell your mom, dad, Kevin and Andrew "hi!" from me.

Ginny Weasley-Potter said...

Way to make your friends feel good about themselves, Kim! I mean, I feel so loved right now!