Sunday, August 31, 2008

The first wave of senior-itis hits.


Senioritis, from the word senior plus the suffix -itis (which refers to inflammation but in colloquial speech is assumed to mean an illness), is a colloquial term used in the United States and Canada to describe the decreased motivation toward studies displayed by students who are nearing the end of their high school careers. -Wikipedia


Three years coming and its only steadily gotten worse. I suppose I initially caught the I-need-to-graduate-and-get-out-of-highschool-soon bug when I first entered skyline as a sophmore. Now, as I have just gone to the first week of senior, it is hitting harder then ever. I am beyond excited to be done, to graduate, and to go off to college in a little over a year, regardless of how people say "these are the best years of your life... treasure them." To these people I say, you don't know a good thing until it is gone, so in order to fully appreciate highschool I must graduate.

Oh and for those of you that care, we won our first football game against the Rigby Trojans 29-28. It was a great game and although the score may not reflect our teams greatness, let me just say that, compared to last year, this is epic. Go Grizzlies!

4 comments:

Lynn and Shelly said...

I'm counting the days down Kim .... This time next year you'll be a college freshman! :)

Cori said...

Kim. High school is overrated. Enjoy it, yes--but you should be counting down the days until you graduate, because college is awesome.

There, wasn't that helpful?

Cori said...

New post please.

Dylan E said...

New post please (x2)