I swear its taking over the world. I knew it would come to this someday and now it finally has. I guess I could blame it all on my sisters with their not-so-boring-lives and adorable babies, but they have a reason to do it and well, its interesting enough to read, so I would feel bad blaming it on them entirely. I fought it for as long as I could and I probably would have beaten the plague if it hadn't infected my friends. It started with one, then spread to another and before I knew it, most of them were blogging or planning on blogging. The sinister Blogspot was now becoming a permant feature in our coversations, the inescapable topic (followed shortly by the repetitiveness of our coversations and/or the battle over the infamous question game *shudder*). Surrounded as I was by the Blog Plague, I gave up trying. So here is my blog, just a newborn in this world and it is my job to nurture said blog until it reaches full maturity. Or until I get bored. Whichever comes first.

But to think the power to say whatever you want, whenever you want, without the fear of offending anyone. Or with the hopes of offending everyone as the case may be. I could lie (and yes I can lie Cassidy, you just never catch me when I do because I am that good) or I could be blatantly obvious like some tall gangly people I know. Or I could just not blog at all and make myself ridiculously mysterious and have people begging for my ever so hilarious and punny posts. Or I could write stories and update every week. The possiblilities are limitless. On a blog, I could even claim to be a 17 year old queen living in a world with a centaur boyfriend and a centaur baby (oh it was the most horrible experience of my life) and you would just have to tolerate me because you wouldn't know any different.
So yes. I've caught the bug. I don't think science has found a cure other than cutting the power for this very chronic disease. What a travesty that my computer illiterate life should have to end so soon. There was so much left to be undiscovered.
2 comments:
I got the reference to Cassidy, but who is your tall, gangley friend? Very funny kim!
I'm very entertained, little one. You must know that once you start a blog, I expect to have it updated and I will hassle you if I do not feel your blog is being updated enough.
For example, I update my blog at least once a week, whereas our sister updates her blog once every few months (and let's be honest, most of her recent posts have been me hacking into her blog and posting under her name).
I love the Shakespeare picture -- I will most likely steal it for my blog sometime in the near future (without credit, of course).
Post a Comment