Thursday, August 14, 2008

Playmill Fun: Year 4 (and the horrifying countdown until school)


If you haven't ever been to the Playmill Theatre in West Yellowstone, all I have to say is that we are no longer friends. The Playmill Theatre has been a staple in my child hood for as long as I can remember and it continues to make me dance around the room at the very thought of it.


Kristie and I go up each and every summer for the last 4 years and spend a week at my cabin while basking in the glory that is Island Park. We usually stay for about a week and see all three of the Playmill shows. The first 2 years were especially fun, what with my sister Kristi (I just can't seem to get away from it... all of my daughters will probably be named kristi(e) too....) working up there and all. We would take long rides up in Yellowstone, and for the last 3 years floated the river next to big springs... which might I add is the worst, and I am not exagerating here, worst float in the entire world. Without going into much detail, that river brought contention and 2nd degree sunburns, which we wisely did not choose add to our vacation this year.


But there are some interesting stories to report this year. We were sitting at the Canyon Street Grill and I was getting really bored waiting for our food, so like the 4 year old I am, I started blowing water bubbles in my water glass. I told my mom to try it and she did. But her glass was still to full of water and she blew really hard into her glass and covered herself in water. I wish I had caught it on video because it was ridiculous. Secondly, Kristie and I found very cute moose pajama pants for $19.95 in one store and were constantly on the look out for the same pants at a cheeper price. Low and behold, we found them at another store but for $23.99. An old woman was looking at them and Kristie kindly walked up to her and told her she could buy them for three dollars cheaper at another store. The lady was like "I know!" and was very grumpy and rude. So a few steps away I turn to Kristie and told her that that lady didn't seem very grateful for the advice. Kristie's face flushed deep crimson and she said "Kim... she works here." Kristie had only noticed her nametag after she had mentioned it to her.


On the shows themselves... they were very very very good. If you get a chance to go, any one of the three shows is incredible, so if you get can. see them all.


Ps. 10 days until school starts, or until my life ends. whichever you like.

2 comments:

Lynn and Shelly said...

Uncle Lynn and I did a float trip next to the Tetons. It was really mild, and we didn't get too wet, even though it was the last week in May. But, we did see moose, eagles and elk. I loved the slow, but twisty river. Maybe you and Kristie should try that river next year. :)

Enjoy your Senior year ... life only gets better and more adventuresome after high school.

Love you,
Aunt Shelly

Cori said...

All of your children will be named Kristi(e)? LAME. Cori is a multipurpose name that can be used for both boys and girls. I guess I know where I rank in your "People Kim Loves" list.

Your start school in 10 days? That sucks. I was going to fly you out here to help me with Seth if Jeff had to travel, but I didn't realize that you would already been back in school. Boo.