Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hotdogs and Skyrooms

The morning started out with two very important food stops: Eli's Cheesecake and Superdawgs.
Eli's has some of the most amazing cheesecake I have ever eaten in my entire life. Kevin is absolutely in love with it so we were commanded to go and get him some cheesecake while we were in Chicago. When we went in there was this tour of first graders who were listening to the lady talk about the magic of cheesecake. Oh and there was this mural of flying cheesecake painted on the wall. It seemed to say to people coming in "Why, hello. You have died and gone to cheesecake heaven." It made me laugh.
Superdawgs is a pretty sweet place. We went to the actual place the man started it and there were these giant hotdog statues on top of the building. They were kinda funny except for the fact that the boy hotdog's eyes flashed a menacing red color and he looked really rather imposing in his tarzan garb. The hotdogs were super yummy and the perfect set off for the very delectable cheesecake.

But the true highlight of the day was the Sears Tower. Once the highest building in the world, it stands at a staggering 1450 feet high. There is this cool viewing room on the 99th floor. We took an elevator all the way up there and it was the longest elevator ride of my life. It was running half speed and still going a little over 19 mph. I am terrified of elevators so I was a little nervous when it started up. Though it wasn't too bad and the view from the top was way worth it. On a clear day you can see 4 different states from up there, but it was raining when we were up there so we could "only" see most of the general Chicagoland. I got to have my picture taken with the president which was sweet and look down on the park where he made the presidential victory speech. All around it was just a good day I'm thinking.

2 comments:

Francine said...

WOW Kim. It looooks like a wonderful time you all had. I loved the cheesecake your family brought back to me. I really loved the pizza I had when I visited Cori,Jeff and Seth. Thanks dor sharting with us. It has been a while since you had anything new. I love you.

Cori said...

New blog post, please.